It's no secret that being a father is a demanding job. Not only do you have to provide for your family financially, but you also have to be there for them emotionally. Add in the fact that you also have to juggle work with taking care of the house and it's no wonder that many fathers feel like they don't have time for anything else.
However, it's important for fathers to make time to stay in shape. Not only is it important for your health, but it's also important for your family. After all, you want to be around to see your children grow up and experience all life has to offer. Here are some tips on how busy fathers can make time to stay in shape:
Tips on how busy fathers can make time to stay in shape
1) Get up early: One of the best ways to make sure you have time to stay in shape is to get up early. That way, you can get a workout in before the demands of the day start piling up. Plus, getting up early will give you a chance to clear your head and start the day off on the right foot.
2) Utilize your lunch break: If you work a traditional 9-5 job, then chances are you have an hour-long lunch break. Instead of sitting at your desk or going out with co-workers, use that time to go for a run or hit the gym. You'll be surprised at how much better you'll feel after getting a quick workout.
3) Workout at home: If going to the gym isn't possible, then working out at home is the next best thing. There are plenty of at-home workouts that can be just as effective as going to the gym. Plus, working out at home gives you more flexibility, since you can do it whenever it's convenient for you.
4) Find an accountability partner: Having someone who holds you accountable is a great way to make sure you stick with your workout routine. That way, if you're ever feeling tempted to skip a workout, you'll have someone there to encourage you to go anyway.
5) Make it a family affair: Getting healthy doesn't have to be something you do on your own. Invite your spouse and kids to join you on your journey to better health. Not only will it be more fun that way, but it'll also give you more motivation to stick with it.
Here are some exercises to do at home to save time. By doing these exercises in as little as 15 mins a day you will be amazed at the results after just one month.
Box jumps and dips on a park bench or set of stairs
Hanging legs raises, pull-ups and chin-ups on the monkey bars
Weighted sit-ups, squats, and overhead lunges
HIIT Program - I use this 7 min tabata workout and do 2x https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmq5zZfmIws&list=WL&index=1
Being a father is one of the most demanding jobs out there. However, it's important for fathers to make time to stay in shape. By getting up early, utilizing your lunch break, working out at home, finding an accountability partner, and making it a family affair, you can easily fit, staying in shape into your busy lifestyle. So what are you waiting for? Start today!